Community Counseling Program

Behavioral Health Community Counseling Program provides short term counseling to individuals, couples and families and group therapy on most Marine camps across the island.

Our licensed, experienced clinicians are here to help with a wide variety of topics, including:
• Military Life
• Deployment and Reunion/Reintegration
• Relationships and Marriage
• Parenting
• Family Conflicts
• Life Changes such as moving, divorce, separation, retirement
• Grief and Loss

Services are confidential, within the limits of the law, and BHCCP counseling records are not part of your medical record.

For services, please walk in for a screening during these walk-in hours:

• Camp Foster, Bldg 439, M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
• Camp Hansen, Bldg 2394, M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.


If you cannot walk in during these times, please call 645-2915 and ask to speak to a clinical supervisor for more assistance.

Want to know what’s happening at MCCS? Subscribe to receive updates from this program.


Who is eligible to receive services at BHCCP?
Anyone connected to the Marine Corps or Navy, including active duty, reserve and guard members and their families; retirees and their families; and civilian employees and their families.
We are unable to provide services to Army and Air Force service members and dependents, but we can provide referrals during walk-in hours.

Will my command find out I’m coming to counseling?
The fact of your seeking and attending counseling is confidential. Your counselor cannot acknowledge they know you, privately or publically, without your permission.
That said, there are exceptions. Your command may learn about your counseling if:
• your command formally referred you and escorted you to our offices
• you ask us to communicate with them and sign a release authorizing us to do so
• you disclose an imminent threat/plan to harm yourself or someone else
• you tell them!

What are your hours?
They vary by location; see Office Locations tab. 

How do I dial your offices from off base?
Dial 098-911-5111, listen for a dial tone, and then dial the 7-digit on-base DSN number.

I’m not married to my girlfriend/boyfriend/same-sex partner. Can we still get couples counseling?

Can you give me an ERD letter?
Yes, if it’s appropriate to your circumstances. Come to our walk-in hours on Camp Foster, Bldg 439, M-F, 0800-1100 and 1300-1600.

Can you get me a compassionate reassignment, humanitarian discharge, limited duty assignment, or other change of duty?
No, we do not assess fitness-for-duty. Contact Outpatient Mental Health at the U.S. Naval Hospital Okinawa, 646-WELL, for information.

Can you write a letter to the court supporting me in my divorce/custody dispute/criminal action?
No, we do not issue letters for court. We may write a brief summary of your attendance and treatment progress, addressed to you, upon request and with your written release authorizing it. Preparation of such a letter requires several business days and possibly longer, depending on the availability of your counselor.

I still have questions. Who can I talk to?
Feel free to call 645-2915 anytime, M-F, 0730-1630 for more information.


  • [l_ektContentId]: 2147487926