I agree with the terms and conditions.
© 2018 MCCS all rights reserved. No Department of Defense, U.S. Marine Corps, or
Marine Corps Community Services endorsement of commercial advertisers or sponsors implied.
MCCSOKINAWA.COM is provided as a public service by the Marine Corps Community Services. Information presented on MCCSOKINAWA.COM is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 (reference (bd)) and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (reference (ay)). If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us by using the Contact MCCS form.
Receive an email as new updates are added to this program.
Do not send me an email as new updates are added to this program.
Want to know what’s happening at MCCS? Subscribe to receive updates from this program.
The Flea Market rotates between Camps Courtney and Foster each weekend (exception being, no Flea Market on the 5th weekend). Vendors must arrive on-site and sign up and pay the $15 fee (cash only) one hour prior to opening (no exceptions). Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please see
Flea Market Rules for more details.
For more information, call the MCCS Special Events Office on Camp Foster at 645-5829 (or 098-970-5829) during business hours, Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Flea Markets may be cancelled due to inclement weather and other situations that may involve the safety of our sellers and buyers. Please check the Announcements tab for updates and cancellations.
Gate 13 will open on Wednesday, March 13, for a one-week 'transition period.' Starting Tuesday, March 19, Gate 12 will close for construction for one year, leaving Gate 13 as the only entrance/exit to the Exchange and Commissary area. Please plan ahead, be patient and drive safely.
Please check this page for updates.
All MCCS Flea Markets have be suspended until further notice. We thank you for understanding.
Starting in July, Camp Courtney Flea Market will take place only once a month. Please check our updated calendar for the upcoming dates. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
MCCS will not host a Flea Market on the 5th weekend of the month. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
FLEA MARKET RULESIn consideration for permission to participate in the MCCS flea market, sellers assume all risks and release the U.S. Government and its officers, employees, and personnel of Marine Corps Base, Camp Smedley D. Butler, Okinawa, Japan and sponsors of said activity from liability for all claims for loss or damage to property and injury or death to persons arising from participation in the above said activity. Vendors accept all risks involved in the activity and must read and understand the Flea Market Rules. Failure to abide by any of the Flea Market Rules may lead to immediate expulsion from the flea market area, at the discretion of the MCCS Special Events Program Manager or Flea Market Coordinator, with temporary or permanent disbarment from taking part in future flea market events.
1. The Flea Market opens to sellers at 6 a.m. on Camp Courtney and at 11 a.m. on Camps Foster and Kinser. The Foster gate opens at 10 a.m., DO NOT impede traffic and stop on the shoulder of Hwy 58 prior to this time. You risk the possibility of being ticketed by the Japanese Police. The flea market opens to the public at 7 a.m. on Camp Courtney and noon on Camps Foster and Kinser.
2. The flea markets end at 10 a.m. on Camp Courtney and 3 p.m. on Camps Foster and Kinser. Sellers must complete their final sales and are responsible for cleaning their designated areas at these times.3. Anyone entering before opening time must be a seller with SOFA status and have a valid Department of Defense (DoD) identification card. The following are exceptions to this rule:
4. Payment guarantees a designated selling area at the flea market on the scheduled day; it does not grant a pre-assigned selling area. Selling areas are designated on a first-come, first-served basis. The flea market personnel will direct the parking.5. Entrepreneurs/Commercial Vendors -- SOFA status/DoD ID Card holder personnel who are entrepreneurs or commercial vendors wishing to participate in MCCS-sponsored flea markets must have receipts to verify that the merchandise they plan to sell was purchased from the local economy. When the merchandise is purchased off-island, both the receipts and the custom forms, accompanying the merchandise on delivery, are required to be presented, upon request, as proof of tax payments.6. SOFA status entrepreneurs/commercial vendors must pre-register at the Special Events office located on Camp Foster, Bldg. 5677 and must have receipts for their merchandise showing that it was purchased from the local economy. If the merchandise was purchased off-island, both the receipts and the customs forms are required. Custom forms will accompany the merchandise when it is mailed to an off-base post office.7. Sellers are responsible for obtaining other desired supplies, e.g., tables, canopies, tarps, and chairs. Supplies, when available, may be rented from MCCS Outdoor Recreation for the duration of the flea market. Need tables and chairs? Visit Outdoor Recreation for details.8. Selling must be confined to the parking lot assigned for the flea market on the respective camp.
9. Items that cannot be sold:
10. Rain checks, when issued, must have the Flea Market Coordinator's signature to be validated. Rain checks expire 30 days from the signature date.11. No new items sent through FPO/APO boxes may be sold, unless proof can be provided that the proper taxes have been paid.12. Pedestrians not to cross Hwy 58 except at marked intersections.
Camp Foster Flea Market: Noon–3 p.m. (Gate opens at approximately 10 a.m. for sellers only.)
Camp Foster Flea Market is located in the lot behind the government vehicle gas station. From Kadena-travel south on Hwy 58 and turn left to enter at the gate off Hwy. 58 across from McDonalds. There is no access to the site from on base Camp Foster.
1. Pedestrians not to cross hwy 58 except at marked intersections.2. The gate opens at 1000, DO NOT impede traffic and stop on the shoulder of hwy 58 prior to this time. You risk the possibility of being ticketed by the Japanese Police.
Google Map- Foster
Camp Courtney Flea Market: 7–10 a.m. (Gate opens on base one hour prior to sellers only.)
Camp Courtney Flea Market is adjacent to the commissary and the Post Exchange aboard the base. From Camp Kinser-travel north on Hwy. 58 and turn right on Hwy. 81 just before Camp Foster. Continue on this road (which will turn into Hwy. 330 and then into Hwy. 75) through Uruma City past the Camp Courtney's main gate on the right to the next signal light and turn left to Camp Courtney's commissary side. Enter the gate and follow the road around to the front of the Courtney commissary, then turn left through the commissary parking lot and drive up to the cash register at the large big top canopy. From Camp Foster, exit the Legion gate (Gate 6) then turn left onto Hwy. 330 and continue on this road through Uruma City past the Camp Courtney main gate on the right to the next signal light and turn left to Camp Courtney’s commissary side. Enter the gate and follow the road around in front of the commissary then turn left through the parking lot and drive up to the cash register at the large big top canopy.
Google Map- Courtney
Click below to watch MCCS TV: Samy on the Street, Episode 80, MCCS Flea Markets
Brought to you by:
One moment please...