I agree with the terms and conditions.
© 2018 MCCS all rights reserved. No Department of Defense, U.S. Marine Corps, or
Marine Corps Community Services endorsement of commercial advertisers or sponsors implied.
MCCSOKINAWA.COM is provided as a public service by the Marine Corps Community Services. Information presented on MCCSOKINAWA.COM is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 (reference (bd)) and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (reference (ay)). If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us by using the Contact MCCS form.
Swim team is still practicing unless there is lightning, thunder, or we are in TCCOR-2 (or higher).Lightning/Thunder Policy
• If lightning or thunder occurs during practice, all swimmers will be moved into the locker rooms for 30-minutes.
• If there is a re-occurrence of lightning or thunder, the clock resets and the 30-minute count restarts.
• If there is less than ~45-minutes remaining in a practice, practice is cancelled.
• If the swimmers return home on the buses, they may be able to depart earlier than normal, but that is not always possible pending the bus drivers' schedules.
• If in doubt, contact the pool: Foster 50 - 645-2211 | 098-970-2211.
Lightning/Thunder at or after:
• 3:05 pm = B2 Cancel
• 4:05 pm = B1/BA/W1/W2 Cancel
• 5:05 am or pm = Masters Cancel
• 8:05 am = B2 Cancel
• 9:05 am = B1/BA/W1/W2 CancelTyphoon Policy
1. TC-2: Youth and Masters Swim Team practice is cancelled, pools "clean-up" (lane-lines stored, etc.).
2. If we go into TC-2 during practice or during the bus runs:
• If a dedicated swim team bus has made pick-ups, they will stop at the pool, then deliver swimmers to their home destinations once the DoDEA/SAC buses have made their drop-off at the pool. If a DoDEA/SAC bus has made pick-ups, they will deliver the swimmers to the pool.
• Swimmers at the pool will be delivered to their home destinations.
3. SCHOOL YEAR: If TC-2 occurs prior to the regular swim team bus pick-up, the buses do not make pick-ups. Swimmers should go home via alternate means. IF A SWIMMER GETS ON A DOD/SAC BUS FOR SWIM TEAM PRACTICE WHEN THERE IS NO PRACTICE DUE TO TC-2, THE BUS WILL DELIVER THEM TO THE POOL. THE SWIMMER MUST BE PICKED UP FROM THE POOL BY A PARENT/GUARDIAN.
4. TC-1: Pools close. Pool may close earlier than TC-1 if weather conditions warrant.
5. TC-All Clear/Storm Watch: Clean-up procedures to re-open a pool after a typhoon can vary from a few minutes to a few days. Swim Team resumes no earlier than 24-hours after All-Clear/Storm Watch. We want to get back to practices as soon as possible, but realize that we cannot use the pools until they are in working order. If in doubt, contact the pool.
Is the pool open? Call the pool. Foster 50 - 645-2211 / 098-970-2211
Brought to you by:
One moment please...