I agree with the terms and conditions.
© 2018 MCCS all rights reserved. No Department of Defense, U.S. Marine Corps, or
Marine Corps Community Services endorsement of commercial advertisers or sponsors implied.
MCCSOKINAWA.COM is provided as a public service by the Marine Corps Community Services. Information presented on MCCSOKINAWA.COM is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 (reference (bd)) and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (reference (ay)). If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us by using the Contact MCCS form.
This is the 15th annual TriKids, MiniKids, & Women's Only Foster Triathlon! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to us at email@example.com. This is a fun-focused, non-competitive event. Results will be published, but there will be no awards for placing.TriKids Race Age Groups
• TriKids Race is for age 7 years old through 14 years old triathletes
• Women's Only Race is 13 years old and older triathletes
• MiniKids Race is for age 9 years old and younger triathletes
• Age will be determined as of 01/01/2018Registration
• Registration will be online only (mccsokinawa.com/aquatics).
• SOFA entry opens no later than 26 Feb at 9:00am and closes 24 Apr at 11:00pm.
• Local national entry opens no later than 26 Feb at 9:00 am and closes 30 Mar at 11:00pm.Swim Safety Rule for TriKids Races
• The swim test is on the honor system.
• Swimmers that have not passed the 2018 MCCS swim test must do so prior to the race, or they must wear a coast guard approved life jacket, for the swim portion of the race. We will have life jackets on hand if needed.
• Swim tests can be taken at any MCCS pool.
• Current ODST members have already taken the 2018 swim test.
• Non-swimmers may still take part in the triathlon. They will wait at the swim finish, and then will be allowed to start running from the swim start to transition 10-seconds after the last swimmer has completed the swim portion of the race.
Swim Safety Rule for MiniKids Races
• Same as above, but an adult may swim with the triathlete. As long as the adult is within arm's reach, no life jacket is required.Race Timeline
• 6:00-6:15am Gate Entry for local national triathletes and families
• 6:00-6:30am Race Check-in - please check in prior to racking bicycle in the transition area.
• 6:40-6:50am TriKids Race Brief in Transition Area
• 6:50-7:00am TriKids Swim Brief on Pool Deck
• 7:00am Women's Only Race Start
• 7:01am TriKids Race Start
• 7:45am TriKids Race Estimated End
• 7:55-8:05am MiniKids Race Brief in Transition Area
• 8:05-8:15am MiniKids Race Brief on Pool Deck
• 8:15am MiniKids Race Starts
• 8:30am MiniKids Race Estimated End
• 8:45am Awards - location TBARace Distances
• TriKids and Women's Only
o Swim: 200 meters
o Bike: ~5 kilometers
o Run: ~1 kilometer
• MiniKids Race
o Swim: 25 meters
o Bike: ~250 meters
o Run: ~100 meters
• Open to any type of bike in a safe operating condition (working brakes, no pegs, tight bolts, etc.).
• A road bike is a bike with smooth tires; a mountain bike is one with knobby tires.
• Helmet, shoes, and covered top and bottom of the body are required.
• Body marking only, no paper race numbers.
• For TriKids: No parental assistance allowed once the race begins. Cheering is highly encouraged.
• For MiniKids: Parents may assist, but not to propel a triathlete past another triathlete.
• Swim is a mass start.
• Certificate presentation will be after the race concludes.
• Bike racks will be numbered and a spot will be assigned to each triathletes.
• Parking in any lot away from the pool parking lot/transition area.
Brought to you by: