I agree with the terms and conditions.
© 2016 MCCS all rights reserved. No Department of Defense, U.S. Marine Corps, or
Marine Corps Community Services endorsement of commercial sponsors implied.
MCCSOKINAWA.COM is provided as a public service by the Marine Corps Community Services. Information presented on MCCSOKINAWA.COM is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 (reference (bd)) and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (reference (ay)). If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us by using the Contact MCCS form.
What can the SLO do for you?
Promotes and Enhances Education Services and Programs
Provides incoming families with information regarding DoDDS Okinawa
Assist with grade/credit transferability
Ensure School children and schools are supported by military command Solicit Volunteers
Organize Adopt-a-School Units
The MCCS School Liaison Officer is essential in providing school administrators with a conduit to military and military protocol.
Help communicate with principals, teachers or other school personnel.
Help parents in making their child's educational transition a smooth one in and out of Okinawa.
Help empower parents with information, giving them a choice in their child's educational future, in turn, making them their child's best advocate.
Facilitate a parental, military and school partnership to provide sustained quality education to students on Okinawa. To provide a smooth transition for students arriving or leaving the area.
Amelia Earhart Intermediate
Bob Hope Primary
E.C. Killin Elementary
Stearley Heights Elementary
Kadena Middle School
Lester Middle School
Ryukyu Middle School
Kadena High School
Kubasaki High School
NEW TO OKINAWA? FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR DoDD SCHOOLS
1. Where will my child go to school?Your housing location will determine your school zone. Once you accept housing on or off base, the housing office or the Student Transportation Office can assist you with verifying the school your child/children will attend.
2. How do I register my child?Once you know your school zone, you should contact that particular school for a registration packet. If you have already completed some of the paperwork, take it with you. Remember to bring a copy of your lease (off-base – obtained from your housing agency) or housing verification letter (on-base – obtained from the DoD Family Housing Office). You do not need to be physically living in the house at the time of registration.
3. When will my child begin school?Please allow 2 days for processing, once the registration packet has been completed and all required documents have been turned in to the school.
4. How soon can I register my child?You may start the registration process online, visit DoDDS Okinawa website at http://www.dodea.edu/Pacific/Okinawa for more information and to download forms. Having much of that completed will speed your registration process when you arrive.
5. Can I enroll my child before I have accepted housing?While in temporary lodging on Kadena AB, you may register your child at BHPS, AEIS, KMS or KDHS; Camp Foster will be at ECK, LMS, KBHS. Camp Courtney will be at BES, RMS, KBHS. You may have to change once you have accepted housing if the house is not within the same school zone.
6. What if I have a child on an IEP?Please be sure to inform the registrar and take with you a current copy of the IEP upon registration. All DoD schools on Okinawa have special education programs for mild to moderate disabilities, while only certain schools provide specialized programs for moderate to severe disability. He/she may attend different schools if services require. Transportation is available.
7. Is there a gifted education program? Yes. Teachers or parents may refer a child for evaluation.
8. When can my child begin Kindergarten?Students must turn 5 years of age by 1 September to enroll in kindergarten.
9. Are there pre-school programs available?DoDDS has a program called Sure Start which is a preschool program for students who turn 4 years old by 1 September. Sure Start requires an application which can be picked up at any elementary school between April and August. Applications are scored against a comprehensive rubric and class lists are created in mid August. There is only one Sure Start class per elementary school. There are several off base pre schools available as well as the on base CDC programs.
Keeping Kids Safe on the Internet
- Parent's Guide to Internet Lingo
- Internet Safety and Security Tips
- Safety and Security Tips on the Go
- Parent's Guide to Instagram
- Parent's Guide to Snapchat
- Facebook Smart Card
- Online Registration Smart Card
- Twitter Smart Card
- For Adults
- For Young Adults
- For Children
Child Abuse Resources
- For Young Adults and Children
Okinawa Resources for Kids, Youth & Teens
- Camps Courtney, Foster, & Kinser Youth Center Activities
- Camps Courtney, Foster, & Kinser Teen Center Activities
- Kadena School Age Care FB
- Kadena Youth Center FB
- Kadena Teen Center FB
- Bullying Resources for Kids
- Bullying Resources for Teens
- Child Abuse Resources for Kids & Teens
Cross Country Preview
http://www.stripes.com/sports/a-few-new-faces-but-contenders-remain-strong-1.427857 Volleyball Previewhttp://www.stripes.com/sports/heart-not-height-will-have-to-do-it-for-most-teams-1.427648
Panthers Volleyball Hope Sophomore will propel them to new heights http://www.stripes.com/sports/panthers-hope-sophomore-will-propel-them-to-new-heights-1.430361Kadena runs over Seoul American to move to 2-0http://www.stripes.com/sports/pacific/kadena-runs-over-seoul-american-to-move-to-2-0-1.428315Kubasaki gets enough big plays to spoil Yokosuka's Red Devil's openerhttp://www.stripes.com/sports/pacific/kubasaki-gets-enough-big-plays-to-spoil-red-devils-opener-1.429563
Kubasaki High School Boys Soccer D1 Far East Championshttp://www.stripes.com/sports/dragons-break-through-to-cap-unbeaten-season-1.410378
Kubasaki High School Girls Soccer D1 Reign reaches 3 yearshttp://www.stripes.com/sports/kubasaki-reign-reaches-3-years-1.410385
Kadena High School Girls Softball third straight Far East Titlehttp://www.stripes.com/sports/kadena-wins-third-straight-title-1.410130
Kubasaki High School Division I Far East Boys Basketball Champions http://www.stripes.com/sports/pacific/kubasaki-runs-away-from-kadena-for-repeat-1.394754
Kadena High School Division I Far East Girls Basketball Championshttp://www.stripes.com/sports/pacific/kadena-ends-asij-hex-romps-to-title-1.394740
Okinawa Schools Go Unbeaten Against Non-DoDDS Foeshttp://www.stripes.com/sports/pacific/okinawa-schools-go-unbeaten-against-non-dodds-foes-1.389040
Rich Get Richer as Kubasaki Reloadshttp://www.stripes.com/sports/pacific/okinawa-schools-go-unbeaten-against-non-dodds-foes-1.389040
Far East D1 Footballhttp://www.stripes.com/sports/kadena-rallies-past-kubasaki-to-retain-title-1.377608
DoDEA Outpaces Nation in 2016 SAThttp://www.stripes.com/news/dodea-outpaces-nation-in-2016-sat-1.432138
DoDEA Math and Reading Scores among highest in the Nationhttp://www.stripes.com/news/dodea-math-and-reading-scores-among-nation-s-highest-1.375786
Students wow during Far East Jazz and Modern Music Festhttp://www.stripes.com/news/students-wows-em-during-far-east-jazz-and-modern-music-festival-1.379685
Middle-Schoolers Hope Mealworms Answer to Plastic Pollution Problemhttp://www.stripes.com/news/okinawa-middle-schoolers-hope-mealworms-answer-to-plastic-pollution-problem-1.397274
Congratulations to Kadena & Kubasaki High School Students: Harvard Model Congress Asia 2016 in Seoul Koreahttp://www.dodea.edu/Pacific/newsroom/pressreleases/DoDEA-Pacific-students-gain-leadership-experience-and-earn-awards-at-Harvard-Model-Congress-Asia.cfm
Congratulations Kadena High School. 2015 National Junior Science and Humanities Symposium http://www.dodea.edu/Pacific/newsroom/pressreleases/DoDEA-Pacific-students-earn-opportunity-to-compete-in-2015-National-Junior-Science-and-Humanities-Symposium.cfm
Scholars at Lester Middle School make history through science http://www.dodea.edu/Pacific/newsroom/pressreleases/DoDEA-scholars-at-Lester-Middle-School-make-history-through-science.cfm
2015 Far East Lingua Fest : Adventure in Any Language http://www.dodea.edu/Pacific/newsroom/pressreleases/2015-Far-East-LinguaFest-an-adventure-in-any-language.cfm
DoDEA math and reading scores among nation’s highest http://www.stripes.com/news/dodea-math-and-reading-scores-among-nation-s-highest-1.375786
Competition Increases for 2015 DoDEA Pacific “Mathletes” http://www.dodea.edu/Pacific/newsroom/pressreleases/Competition-increases-for-2015-DoDEA-Pacific-Mathletes.cfm
Kristin Armstrong 2016 Gold Medalist on "Being a military child and graduating from Kubasaki High School"
Beautiful acapella voices of Ryukyu Middle School singing the Japanese and American National Anthem
DoDEA Okinawa Robotics Showcase 2016
2010 Kubasaki Students reminisce about time on Okinawa. "Party in the USA" featuring many sites and locations on Okinawa.
Kubasaki High School Lipdub 2015
Kadena High School: “Is it tough being a military
Kadena High School: “Has your father ever had to
depart for a long deployment?”
Kadena High School: “Do you ever wish you could stay
in one place?”
High School Teacher: “What do you tell folks
back home about the Military children you teach?”
Middle School Principal, Marine Spouse, Mother
of 3: “What makes a Military child different than those who are not part of the
Kubasaki High School alumni celebrate school’s 50th
Brought to you by: